Wednesday, March 10, 2010

MY VERY FIRST TWA

I have been natural for a year now.  I can honestly say that I have not worn an Afro in public.  Why I dont know.  Its always been a two strand twist or pulled back with a band for an afro puff. But a full blown afro never that.  So I decided to be bold today and rock my twa.  I actually like it.  There was nothing special that I did to it. Im still looking for that routine that is right for my hair.  But all I did :
  • SOAKED IT WITH WATER
  • BLACK EARTH HERBAL COND AS A LEAVE IN
  • SEALED WITH BLACK EARTH AFRICIAN HEALING OIL
  • PICK IT OUT
  • SMOOTHED BACK THE SIDES A LITTLE
  • AND PATTED INTO SHAPE
AND HERE I AM

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I think your hair is a little longer than mine. I am so low maintenance that I have been wearing wash & goes these days. Just wash, add a little shea butter and I'm out the door, lol. I do wants some finger coils though, they are so cute. And I can't wait to be able to do the twists and twist outs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I like the twa. But it does my hair no justice as far as length. Ive had it straighten once and it touched my shoulders. Still trying to figure out how to loosen my curls a bit. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete