Friday, March 12, 2010

Natural Hair In Commercials

I was watching tv last night which is something I rarely get to do.  The tv is usually on cartoons or videos (kids control it) but anyway.  I was watching the commercials and they had naturals everywhere.  That's like woo!  Who says that natural is something that is not appreicated.  I truley believe that the main stream media has a real appreciation for african americans with naturals.   So I just selected a couple of commercials to show how much natural hair has evolved or has always been around but unnoticed.




Even the brotha has locs!  Wonderful!





Im a give yall one more!




Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. I know right?! I have been seeing "myself" all over mainstream media ad campaigns. I liken it to buying a new car and then you notice how many there are on the road that you never saw before. We are EVERYWHERE!!! lol. Okay WalMart we get it. You like black people.... ;oP

    My best, Lynn
    *in answer to your question about my conditioner, hopefully you can find all your answers on my newest blog post! Swing by...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was doing some research on this yesterday and found commercials back to the 60's. Gotta love it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the videos. It's nice to see natural styles, and not always the same styles. In many cases the hair is not real. No offense to those who wear weaves, because I have worn them. It's just nice to see natural styles accepeted in main stream commercials.

    ReplyDelete